Resources on Demand
This database provides a wealth of resources submitted by friends of INTC. It includes resources relevant to classroom instruction as well as resources and research related to providing induction and mentoring supports for beginning teachers. Resources include favorite websites and file downloads that may be useful for novice teachers, mentors, induction program leaders and support providers.
- The Illinois Induction Program Startup Guide provides comprehensive information, including a proposed timeline, for starting a new teacher mentoring and induction programs.
- The Illinois Induction Program Standards and Continuum were developed by a broad stakeholder group and set forth a framework to assist in the development of quality mentoring and induction programs. The Continuum describes program development across multiple levels and assists programs in setting goals and planning for improvement.
- INTC Research Highlights are one-page reports that summarize INTC’s research on new teachers and induction programs, and are suitable for sharing with mentors, administrators, and school boards.
- Illinois Induction Research provides reports, created by INTC and other research organizations, on mentoring, induction, and new teacher needs in Illinois.
- The Induction Advocacy Toolkit and other resources provide assistance in advocating for new teacher support, mentoring, and induction.
- The Program Impact Evaluation Workbook provides a step-by-step guide for induction programs—or any programs—to evaluate their impact.
- The Funded Programs Archive describes pilot induction programs which were funded by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- INTC Newsletters
- Administrator Academy #1573 materials are available for your program.